KURT PALMER – PROJECT DESIGNER
5 minutes with one of Levolux’s talented Project Designer’s Kurt Palmer…
1. Can you tell us a little about your work experience?
I’ve been in the construction industry since leaving school in 1998 (I know I don’t look that old) starting off as an apprentice installing External Wall Insulation. I then moved onto the design side of things in 2003 and combined both roles when joining Alumasc in 2005.
2. How does Levolux differ from businesses you’ve worked in before?
It’s a lot more design focused which I’m really happy about as I love designing and also the manufacturing side of things allows me to see the whole process.
3. What element do you enjoy most about Levolux?
3D modelling. I really love doing it and the hours just fly by. There’s nothing better than seeing the parts you’ve modelled come together on a project.
4. What is it that interests you about the construction industry?
The constant change and development of buildings and designs.
5. What is an interesting fact people don’t know about you?
I’m not just an office bod, I can build stuff too! That’s about it ha ha
6. What do you do in your spare time?
Go out for food and drinks and chilling out. Oh and the gym to work off all the food and drink ????
7. What makes you laugh?
Silly jokes and classic 80’s films
8. What film sums up your character?
Pursuit of Happiness
9. What have you worked on that you are most proud of?
My house and Garden Bar
10. Most helpful advice you have been given?
It’s always nice to be nice
11. What is your favourite building in the world?
Saint Basils Cathedral. It looks cool
12. What’s been your favourite Levolux project so far? And why?
Crosfield School, Reading. It was my first project and the first completed using Inventor.
Saint Basil’s Cathedral – Moscow Russia
Levolux – Crosfield School – Reading, UK