The success of our business is significantly dependent both on the skills and experience of our people and on the strong interaction with our customers. Our overriding priority at all times is to ensure the safety of our employees and all of the people that come into contact with Levolux.
Our plan to mitigate the potential disruption to our continued operations as a consequence of the COVID-19 virus comprises two principal components:
- Reducing the risk of infection amongst our team members, through eliminating (as far as possible) exposure to potential sources of infection:
- Personnel that can perform their role remotely from offices have been instructed to do so until further notice;
- Physical meetings with colleagues, customers or supply chain partners are being replaced with virtual meetings using Microsoft Teams or alternative VC software;
- Personnel in a role that is location-dependent (i.e. office, factory, site) will be subject to a lower risk of infection as a result of the smaller number of employees operating from these locations. However, here, the following supplementary measures are being taken:
- In the event of experiencing any symptoms of illness (not just those currently associated with the virus), employees have been instructed to contact their line manager before attending any business location.
- The line manager will check this information against latest advice from the UK government and the World Health Organisation (WHO) and, where appropriate, instruct the employee to self-isolate immediately pending further assessments.
- Employees are to follow best practice advice provided by the UK government and WHO in terms of personal hygiene, PPE and workspace cleanliness.
In recognition of the fact that there is a risk that preventative measures may not be wholly sufficient to prevent some disruption to our operations, we have plans in place to ensure that any such disruption is kept to a minimum:
- Operations – in the event that any singular site becomes unusable, we have the capability to perform our usual business operations at an alternative site.
- Employees – in the event that any individual is incapacitated due to the virus, our business has recognised personnel that can replicate or deputise for that role.
- Supply chain – in the event that the capacity of one of our key suppliers is withdrawn, we have identified proven substitute sources for the components of our system. The bespoke nature of our system solutions limits the extent to which this situation can be managed through inventory management. However, where this is possible, we are working with our longstanding supply chain partners to minimise the impact of any disruption in this area.
We recognise that there are few, if any, comparable precedents at this ever-evolving and uncertain time and we are committed to continuously assessing our continuity plans against the latest events and guidance from the relevant authorities. We will, of course, release a further COVID-19 update detailing any significant changes to the above plan at the earliest possible opportunity.
In the meantime, by implementing these measures, Levolux is carrying on “business as normal” and our team are on hand and committed to ensuring that projects run smoothly and queries or concerns are answered promptly.
Simon Poë BSc (Hons) MSc PhD
Levolux Limited | an Alumasc Building Envelope Division Company